Before I get into the apple cider pork burgers and my new love for brussels sprout salad, let me let you know about my different new love, Plated.
I’ve been obsessive about Plated nearly all summer time. Basically, each week I get a field on my doorstep that has sufficient components for 2 meals that I picked the week earlier than. The components are contemporary veggies, fruits, and meats and it comes with recipe playing cards in order that I could make them. Here’s an instance of my first field.
So mainly I’ve begun to deconstruct my Plated recipes into extra keto-friendly counterparts. This week I did it to the apple cider pork burger with brussels sprout salad. Now we’ve got a brand new keto burger!
Now I do know what you’re pondering – taking the bun off a burger doesn’t make it keto-friendly!
Well, psh, as if. Let’s simply say that the unique recipe was roughly 880 energy per serving in response to Plated and 69 carbs per serving in response to MyFitnessPal.
My new model of those pork burgers, that are delightfully spicy, is extra keto-happy. In truth, the brand new whole energy are 606 energy per serving and 12 internet carbs per serving. The greatest sources of carbs listed here are the brussels sprouts, however in addition they have essentially the most fiber. I liked this salad and can by no means nay-say brussels sprouts once more!
And at this time we’re celebrating apple season. You need to work apples into your menu.
So right here we go. It’s a really slight remix of the unique recipe, mainly simply decreasing or eliminating sure components:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- half pound brussels sprouts
- four tablespoons of apple cider (divided)
- Three/four floor pork
- half teaspoon floor cumin
- half teaspoon floor coriander
- 1/eight teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/four yellow onion
- 1/four granny smith apple
- salt + pepper
1. Wash, halve, after which slice the brussels sprouts in 1/four inch slivers. Toss in a bowl with 1tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp apple cider. Sprinkle slightly salt and pepper and let marinate on the counter.
2. In a bowl, combine collectively the pork, cumin, coriander, cayenne and 1 tbsp apple cider. Form them into two patties, and Plated recommends making slightly thumb print within the center to maintain it from turning right into a hockey puck, like burgers love to do.
Three. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a skillet and when it’s good and glossy, drop within the burgers. Cook them for 6-7 minutes on all sides or till the pork is totally cooked to 160 levels. Add a slice of cheese on prime to soften, then cowl on a plate and put aside ( I put it within the microwave).
four. Slice 1/four onion (peeled) skinny. Do the identical to your 1/four granny smith apple. Keep separate.
5. Use the burger pan to prepare dinner the onions, a couple of minutes till they’re delicate and translucent. I didn’t get a complete lot of fats from my burger to prepare dinner the onions in, so I added slightly water which did the job. This ought to take about Three-5 minutes, possibly much less. Just take note of your translucency.
6. Add within the apples and prepare dinner for about two minutes till they’re slightly delicate (about two minutes). Then, add in 2 tbsp of apple cider and let every thing prepare dinner collectively for a few minute.
7. Make a plate! Cover every burger with half of your onion + apple combination. Surround with the brussels sprout salad. Enjoy!
Note: I could have added slightly further topping right here for impact.
Delish! I do know that eliminating the apple cider would have been the keto factor to do, however there’s no good substitute. And why ought to I? It’s the autumn. Happy apple season!
(Visited 352 occasions, 9 visits at this time)