Just since you’re following a keto food plan doesn’t imply it’s important to quit your favourite childhood snack. These Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies are CHEWY and gooey similar to those your mother used to bake after college. Indulge in a freshly baked chunk of nostalgia for just one.7g internet carbs per cookie.
Follow the recipe video beneath or proceed studying to learn to make the most effective keto chocolate chip cookies ever. If you’re able to conquer keto baking, take our Keto Baking Course and obtain our Keto Baking Cheat Sheet.
The Best Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Many keto chocolate chip cookies are too crunchy for our liking. We favor chewy cookies. Don’t get us flawed, we love our crunchy maple macadamia nut cookies and Nutter Butters, however there’s one thing so indulgent a few gentle and chewy cookie. Here’s the right way to make them.
Ingredients for Chewy Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
This easy recipe doesn’t require any loopy kitchen devices or absurd substances, however in the event you’re low in almond flour and erythritol then head to the grocery retailer with our Keto Shopping List and fill up on some keto baking necessities.
What is the Secret Ingredient?
After talking to our pal Deana, the founding father of Good Dee’s baking mixes, we discovered beef gelatin powder is her secret keto baking ingredient. Beef or pork gelatin powder offers cookies and different keto baked items a chewy texture, and you'll simply discover it at your native grocery retailer or on-line.
How to Make Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 levels F.
- Line two cookie sheets. We like to make use of a silicon mat, however parchment paper will work simply as nicely.
Next, you’re going to mix the dry substances in a small mixing bowl. By preserving the moist and dry mixtures separate, you guarantee all the things is evenly integrated. Mix collectively the almond flour, erythritol, baking powder, and beef gelatin and put aside.
Combine the Wet Ingredients
A fast be aware on butter: We like to make use of unsalted butter for baking recipes then add pink Himalayan salt when wanted. Salted butter can doubtlessly make your cookies a tad too salty.
- Melt the butter on the stovetop or within the microwave.
- Add the vanilla, egg, and melted butter to a mixing bowl.
- Whisk the moist substances till clean.
Pro Tip! Be cautious when including a uncooked egg to melted butter. If the butter is just too sizzling, it is going to cook dinner the egg and that can damage the cookie dough. To keep away from cooking the egg, enable the butter to chill off for a couple of minutes.
Combine Dry and Wet Mixtures
In two elements, add the dry combination to the moist combination. Combine utilizing a whisk or mixing spoon. The dough will come collectively just like the cookie dough that you're used to, not runny or lumpy.
Edible Keto Cookie Dough
If you like to eat cookie dough, relatively than bake it into keto chocolate chip cookies, then you definitely’re in luck. We have a Keto Cookie Dough recipe that’s excessive in fats and solely 1g internet carbs per serving. These tasty cookie dough bites are a fantastic dessert or fats bomb snack.
Fold within the Chocolate Chips
Using a spatula or spoon, fold within the low-carb chocolate chips. When purchasing for chocolate chips, search for manufacturers sweetened with stevia, erythritol, or monk fruit. Avoid manufacturers that use maltitol as a sweetener or IMO fiber, since these will enhance blood sugar and hinder ketosis.
We like to make use of Lily’s Baking Chocolate chips that are sweetened with stevia and erythritol. For extra information, learn our full Guide to Keto Sweeteners.
Bake Until Golden Brown
- Using a cookie scooper or a spoon, scoop the cookies onto your ready cookie sheet.
- The recipe will yield 16-20 cookies relying on the scale of your cookies.
- Bake for 15 minutes or till golden brown on high.
- Let cool for 20 minutes earlier than consuming.
TIP: If you don’t have Lily’s chocolate chips at dwelling, you should utilize chopped up 100% cocoa Baker’s Chocolate and liquid stevia (30 drops) to interchange the chocolate chips!
How to Make Nut-Free Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
With only a few substitutions, you may make this recipe with coconut flour as an alternative of almond flour. Gather the next substances:
- Preheat the oven to 350 levels F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the butter and cream cheese in a big bowl and microwave for 20-30 seconds, till gentle. Whisk collectively till uniform. Add the eggs, heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract and whisk.
- In a separate bowl, mix the coconut flour, erythritol, beef gelatin powder and baking powder. In two batches add the dry to the moist as you mix.
- Once the dough has come collectively fold within the chocolate chips. Using a cookie scooper or a spoon, make 10-12 cookies on the parchment paper. The dough is not going to unfold within the oven so flatten out the cookies to the specified dimension you want to them.
- Bake at 350 for 17 minutes or till golden brown. Allow them to chill for a minimum of 20 minute earlier than dealing with. Enjoy!
Nutrition information per Nut-Free cookie: 8g fats, 1.4g protein, four.2g carbs, 2.1g fiber, 2.1g internet carbs.
Need More Keto Desserts?
We have a model new recipe eBook with 30+ Keto Dessert recipes, from pies and desserts, to loaves and muffins. Or head over to our weblog the place we have now all varieties of desserts to fulfill your needs, from brownies to cheesecake, and even low carb ice cream!
Whether or not you want cookies, we extremely recommend you make keto chocolate chip cookies in your subsequent get-together (or night time in…) so you may share the scrumptious love.
Big shoutout to Deana at Gooddees Baking Mixes for permitting this recipe to be doable! She launched us to absolutely the crucial, secret ingredient of beef gelatin to make the right chewy cookie! Check out her mixes – they're the most effective keto baking mixes available on the market!
Recipe could be rapidly added to MyFitnessPal – Search “KetoConnect – Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies”
CHEWY Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
The final chewy keto chocolate chip cookie recipe. Don't overlook the key ingredient that makes these cookies chewy!
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 16 cookies
Calories per serving 130kcal
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Preheat your oven to 350 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Combine the almond flour, beef gelatin, erythritol and baking powder in a small bowl and put aside.
In a big bowl mix the melted butter, egg, and vanilla extract utilizing a whisk. In two batches add the dry substances to the moist and mix till uniform.
Fold within the chocolate chips. Using a cookie scooper or spoon scoop out 16-20 cookies onto your baking sheets, relying in your cookie dimension choice!
Bake the cookies at 350 for 15 minutes or till golden brown on the highest. Allow to chill for a minimum of 20 minutes previous to consuming! Enjoy!
CHEWY Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
Amount Per Serving
Calories 130 Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie food plan.