This keto hen recipe hails from my favourite weekly meals subscription, Plated. It’s tremendous easy and it was scrumptious. It has primary components: hen, lemon, thyme, salt, and pepper.
I did make the entire recipe for P and I, which was not keto-friendly (grapes roasted with shallots and balsamic vinegar) however I ate the hen and added a child arugula salad tossed w/ olive oil + lemon juice as a facet.
According to my recipe card, “cooking en Papillote is a French methodology in which meals is sealed in a parchment pouch and baked.” Pure genius. I’ve by no means cooked hen in a bag earlier than, however I’ll now! This tremendous easy hen got here out as moist and scrumptious as ever.
Here are the components for 2 servings:
- 2 hen breasts
- 1 lemon
- four sprigs of thyme
- parchment paper
For 12 carbs (per serving), you may seize 4 fingerling potatoes, drizzle them with olive oil, salt and pepper, and put them underneath the hen because it cooks. Otherwise, that is a delightfully zero carb dinner.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 levels. Season your hen with salt and pepper on each side.
2. Slice the lemon into 4 rounds.
three. Lay down a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet, virtually double the size of the pan.
four. Lay down the hen and prime every with two rounds of lemon. Place two sprigs of thyme on every of the lemons.
5. Fold the sides of the parchment across the hen, so that each one sides are rolled up and sealed. The course of consists of steaming the hen, so be sure that the whole lot is sealed!
6. Cook for about 30 minutes or till the hen reaches 180 levels. I caught a thermometer proper by means of the paper after 30 minutes to take the temperature with out opening the “bag”.
7. Open the papillotes rigorously, be careful for steam! Now, plate and luxuriate in!
Thanks once more to Plated for an additional superb dinner. I did strive one of many roasted grapes they usually have been out of this world. Unfortunately, a serving was 16 carbs, so I caught to my hen. I additionally added a child arugula salad and squeezed a lemon over it, added a little olive oil and crushed some salt over it. Another delish and easy recipe I realized from Plated. I swear they don’t pay me to say these items. 🙂
(Visited 759 occasions, eight visits immediately)