Note: Hi, buddies! Just a a fast reminder – a few of the hyperlinks on this web site are affiliate hyperlinks, and so I could earn somewhat money on qualifying orders. It doesn’t price you something additional, and is a pleasant means to assist assist this web site! I additionally need to level out that I don’t promote merchandise I haven’t truly tried or merchandise that I don’t belief. 🙂
Even although this February is likely one of the warmest on file right here in MA, it’s nonetheless chilly sufficient to warrant making a brand new batch of soup each week (at the least!). The one I’ve been making continuous this month is a peanut butter soup that depends on Thai pink curry paste for the remainder of the flavour. This low carb vegan peanut butter pink curry soup is very easy to make (particularly in an instant pot!), filling and scrumptious, so I hope that you just take pleasure in it as a lot as I do!
One of the issues that stops me from making a variety of recipes both in cookbooks or on-line is seeing a listing of 20 components, half of which I don’t personal and for which I’ll probably by no means discover one other use. So, like with a lot of the recipes right here, I’ve tried to make use of as few components as attainable to nonetheless create one thing tasty, so we each don’t must go bankrupt to make dinner! In line with that, this recipe solely wants the next:
- peanut butter
- Thai pink curry paste
- vegetable broth
- sprouted tofu
- cauliflower and/or broccoli
If you don’t like these greens, you could possibly actually use no matter you need. You additionally don’t have so as to add the mushrooms, when you don’t like them. While not needed, I do like so as to add some garnish, however that may actually be no matter you are feeling will go effectively with this. There’s no rule about what so as to add, it’s simply primarily based by yourself preferences. Some garnishes I like so as to add (although not ) are:
- lime zest and/or juice
- chopped peanuts
- pink pepper flakes
You’ll see within the photos that I’ve added scallions and peanuts to the highest of those, in addition to lime juice (although that’s not likely seen). This is usually what I add to dishes made with pink curry paste, as I at all times have these items readily available.
Notes on Making Low Carb Vegan Peanut Red Curry Soup
- The curry paste I exploit is the one from Thai Kitchen. And sure, I did purchase it within the big measurement, as a result of I truly use it fairly typically. This one is vegan, however there are positively some on the market that aren’t, so checking labels is a good suggestion!
- I exploit sprouted tofu for two causes: it’s simpler on my digestive system and decrease in carbs. The one I purchase is known as Wildwood, however it’s also possible to get one from Trader Joe’s.
- I wish to eat this curry as-is, however it’s additionally nice over cauli-rice!
- This recipe makes Three servings, however can very simply be doubled. 🙂
- I’ve made this with each contemporary and frozen greens. Both work nice!
- If you possibly can’t eat soy, hemp tofu is an effective possibility. You may additionally use no matter meat substitute you need right here.
- If you possibly can’t eat peanut butter, you could possibly use sunflower seed butter, almond butter and even soy nut butter right here. Just make sure you examine the label for added sugar!
- I say “2-3 minutes” right here as a result of regardless that the timing is somewhat totally different, that additional minute is a LOT. If you need the greens to be barely “al dente,” go together with 2 minutes. At Three minutes, they’re mush, however the tofu is barely firmer. I’d advocate attempting at 2 minutes first, as a result of you possibly can at all times warmth it somewhat longer within the IP.
- If you don’t have an instant pot, simply simmer all the components collectively in a lined pot for about 20 minutes, till the greens have softened a bit. Be certain to stir it in order that the curry paste and peanut butter totally combine.
- While I try to offer correct vitamin info, totally different manufacturers have totally different nutrient values, so your calculations might differ!
Low Carb Vegan Peanut Butter Red Curry Soup (gluten-free, instant pot recipe)
This warming soup is tremendous simple to make in your instant pot, wealthy in protein and scrumptious! It’s additionally gluten-free and simply adaptable to accommodate allergy symptoms.
- 1/four cup (64g) peanut butter
- 1/four cup (60g) Thai pink curry paste
- 2 cups (480ml) vegetable broth
- ~8oz/225g tofu
- 1 cup (100g) cauliflower florets
- 2 cups (200g) broccoli florets
- 1 cup (70g) sliced shiitake mushrooms
- Optional garnish: crushed peanuts, scallions, basil, parsley, lime juice/zest, pink pepper flakes
- Mix the peanut butter, curry paste and broth within the IP and set to “saute.” Heat and stir till all the pieces is mixed, about 2 minutes.
- Add within the remaining components, cowl and strain cook dinner on excessive for 2-Three minutes (see notes).
- De-pressurize utilizing both the “natural” or “hybrid” technique. I normally use the hybrid technique – let sit for about 10 minutes, then open the valve and launch the remaining strain.
- Garnish and serve!
Cooking for two minutes leaves the veggies extra intact, whereas at Three minutes they’re fairly mushy. The tofu is somewhat chewier at Three minutes, although.