Note: Hi, mates! Just a a fast reminder – among the hyperlinks on this web site are affiliate hyperlinks, and so I’ll earn a bit of money on qualifying orders. It doesn’t value you something further, and is a pleasant manner to assist help this web site! I additionally wish to level out that I don’t promote merchandise I haven’t really tried or merchandise that I don’t belief. 🙂
Oh, hi there there, mates! How are you all doing? I’ve actually been feeling the necessity for cookies, extra particularly chocolate chip cookies. I don’t find out about you guys, however I like my chocolate chip cookies on the dense and chewy facet with just a bit little bit of sweetness. These vegan keto chocolate chip cookies are simply that, whereas additionally being gluten-free, nut-free and soy-free.
A short while in the past, Think Eat Live despatched me a few of their Sunflour (sunflower seed flour) to strive. They despatched some recipes alongside, however my first intuition was to attempt to make the factor I’ve been longing for an eternity: vegan keto, chocolate chip cookies. It’s been a protracted whereas since I’ve made keto chocolate chip cookies for the straightforward purpose that the earlier recipe I used contained almond flour, and I’ve since developed an almond allergy.
For these of you with almond points, you in all probability acknowledge how annoying that is. So many vegan, keto, paleo, plant paradox, grain-free, gluten-free and/or some other sort of “alternative diet” recipe include almonds. It’s wild. Even peanut-butter flavored issues usually even have almonds, which, simply, why? Anyway, I digress. My level is, I used to be tremendous excited to obtain this flour as a result of it is freed from these pesky almonds, however can be utilized instead of almond flour in recipes. An entire new world is opening up!
In addition to being nut-free, soy-free and gluten-free, these cookies are coconut-free, dairy-free, egg-free and altogether grain-free. So, most meals allergy victims ought to have the ability to get pleasure from them!
Notes on Making Vegan Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies (gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free)
- I used Sunflour for the flour, however you might additionally use almond flour or hazelnut flour (if you are able to do nuts!)
- The sweetener I like to make use of finest is from Lakanto (and you’ll really save 20% in your order with the code MEATFREEKETO). I normally use the Golden Sweetener for cookies, however both granulated one works completely!
- To add a bit extra taste with out including too many carbs or energy, I generally prefer to sneak in a tsp of both cinnamon or espresso powder. This brings a bit of extra depth to the flavour profile with out being overwhelming.
- If you solely have psyllium husk powder, simply use 1 tsp as an alternative of the tbsp of complete husks!
- The omission of a leavening agent is on function! I simply discovered it wasn’t tremendous crucial. These puff up a bit on their very own.
- I like to make use of Alter Eco Blackout chocolate as a result of they use ethically-sourced chocolate the doesn’t ravage the rainforest or use slave labor or youngster labor (no, actually…that’s nonetheless sadly really occurring. It’s additionally genuinely scrumptious chocolate that’s fairly low in sugar! To discover a model of moral chocolate close to you, try this web site.
- I don’t suggest subbing in flax or chia for the psyllium husk. It simply produces a complete completely different texture. I will probably be updating this put up as I discover extra options!
- While I attempt to offer correct dietary data, completely different manufacturers and types of ingredient have differing values. So, your calculations is likely to be barely larger or decrease.
Vegan Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies (gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C and line a baking pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, stir collectively the psyllium husk and water/nondairy milk and vanilla till no clumps stay. Set this apart for about 5 minutes. A gel ought to kind that’s stable sufficient to not be pourable, however continues to be a bit of squishy.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir collectively the flour, sweetener and salt.
- Once the psyllium gel has arrange, dump it within the bowl with the dry substances and begin stirring. It will take a tiny little bit of effort to mix all the things and for the primary 10-15 seconds, it should appear to be these won’t ever turn into cookies. However, I promise dough will kind! Keep stirring till all of the dry bits are included into the dough.
- Stir the chocolate bits into the dough.
- Divide the dough into eight equal sections. Roll every part right into a ball, and flatten right into a cookie that’s about 1cm thick.
- Place the cookies on the baking sheet. These will puff up a tiny bit, however won’t unfold, so you do not have to fret about having an excessive amount of house between all the things.
- Bake for round 25-30 minutes, till simply golden across the edges. Remove from the oven and let cool on the sheet earlier than transferring to a cooling rack or your mouth. If you attempt to transfer them earlier than the psyllium and sweetener have cooled fully, they won’t arrange and can smush or crumble!
These chewy and barely dense vegan keto cookies are an ideal sugar-free snack. They’re gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free and surprisingly excessive in protein!