If you observe me on instagram and see the tales I submit, you’ll discover I eat a whole lot of nut/seed butters. As a snack. From the jar. I’ve spent a very long time shopping the web on the lookout for a scrumptious, vegan “notella” to keto-ify. But, each time I tried to switch one other recipe, I used to be simply met with disappointment. So, I spotted I must take a distinct strategy and modify an already-existing keto recipe from my weblog for this low carb vegan keto chocolate hazelnut unfold.
I’ve been taking part in round with this keto nut butter recipe a bit and altering it up with completely different nuts and flavors so as to add some which means to my life (assist), so I figured it might be an ideal base for this. After some trial-and-error, I lastly obtained this dangerous boy to a spot I’m pleased with! This low carb vegan chocolate hazelnut unfold is de facto easy to make and includes just some components:
- sunflower seeds
- dried coconut
- cocoa powder
- MCT oil or a mild-flavored liquid oil of alternative
- sweetener (elective)
You might omit the sunflower seeds and make all of the nuts/seeds hazelnut, nevertheless it’s far more costly that method. I like to chop in one other inexpensive nut or seed to make issues a bit less expensive. Sunflower seeds are about Three-4x cheaper than the hazelnuts, so I have a tendency to decide on them as my secondary nut/seed of alternative. Sunflower seeds are a bit larger in carbs, although, so if that’s your most important concern, you could need to follow all hazelnuts.
If you’re questioning when you can substitute the oil for coconut milk (I’ve seen a whole lot of recipes on-line utilizing coconut milk), please enable me to clarify my place on this matter: you’ll be able to, however it can drastically change the feel. Using coconut milk will make this into extra of a mousse and fewer of a selection or a nut butter. If you’re effective with that, then by all means go forward! I’m somewhat happier with this as an oilier nut butter. By an identical token, utilizing customary coconut oil rather than the MCT or liquid oil is completely doable, however will make this harden up fairly aggressively, which isn’t what I used to be going for. So, do what you’ll with that info!
Use coupon code MEATFREEKETO15 for 15% of all full measurement merchandise!
Notes on Making Vegan Keto Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- You might use both a meals processor for this recipe, or a high-powered blender. I take advantage of a Vitamix 5200 with the 48ozcontainer and it really works fabulously,
- You could also be tempted to simply dump all the things in directly, however I do discover that the order makes a distinction in how properly all the things blends collectively. Making positive the nuts/seeds/coconut are totally blended earlier than including within the cocoa powder will make life a lot simpler. Trust me right here.
- You might use both uncooked or roasted nuts/seeds. Roasted will give a richer, extra buttery taste and will likely be simpler to mix. If you might be utilizing roasted and salted nuts/seeds, you’ll be able to omit the salt within the recipe.
- Any liquid oil will do right here. The unfold will likely be liquid at room temperature after which mushy, however agency and spreadable within the fridge. Using straight coconut oil made this solidify method an excessive amount of for my style. It’s just about a fats bomb at that time.
- While I try to offer correct dietary info, some manufacturers and types of components differ in dietary content material. So, your caluclations might fluctuate.
Vegan Keto Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
This wealthy and scrumptious vegan keto chocolate hazelnut unfold is simply as at house on a slice of toast for breakfast as it’s drizzled over good cream, or on a spoon by itself!
- 1 half of cups (200g) hazelnuts
- 1 cup (120g) sunflower seeds
- half of cup (50g) dessicated coconut
- half of cup (120ml) MCT oil
- Three tbsp cacao powder
- pinch of salt
- sweetener, to style (I used 15 drops of liquid stevia)
- In a meals processor or excessive velocity blender, course of the hazelnuts, sunflower seeds , coconut and oil till easy and liquidy. With my blender, this took about Three minutes whole. I began on degree 1, and elevated the velocity each 15 seconds or so, because the nut butter grow to be smoother.
- Next, add within the cocoa powder 1 tbsp at a time, mixing utterly earlier than including in any extra. This retains the powder from exploding again up and simply makes all the things go a bit smoother.
- Finally, add within the pinch or salt and your most well-liked sweetener to style. I used 15 drops of liquid stevia, however I do not like issues tremendous candy.