Note: Hi, associates! Just a a fast reminder – among the hyperlinks on this web site are affiliate hyperlinks, and so I could earn a bit of money on qualifying orders. It doesn’t price you something additional, and is a pleasant method to assist help this web site! I additionally need to level out that I don’t promote merchandise I haven’t truly tried or merchandise that I don’t belief. 🙂
I actually like mint and chocolate, and one in all my favourite wintery treats was once that peppermint bark that was mainly a layer of mint-flavored darkish chocolate, lined by a layer of white chocolate after which topped with crushed peppermint candies. Since completely no a part of the unique sweet is keto-friendly (or vegan, for that matter), I assumed I’d make my very own model to fulfill that craving in a sugar-free method.
Like with most recipes, these don’t style precisely just like the dessert they’re modeled after – for starters, they’re not loaded with sugar! Looking on the image, you’ll most likely discover that these should not topped with peppermint sweet. While sugar-free peppermints do exist, they’re loaded with sweeteners that are likely to upset my abdomen, so that they’re a no-go for me. I made a decision as a substitute to make use of cacao nibs to provide some crunch and taste with out the GI misery.
I’m additionally now realizing that I speak about my digestive points lots right here…
Anywho, the cacao nibs I used listed here are from Keto Dose and are barely sweetened with prebiotic yacon and monkfruit. I feel they add a very scrumptious crunch to fats bombs and yogurt and so they’ve been my go-to cacao nibs for some time. Full disclosure: the corporate did initially ship me a free bag to attempt, however I’ve been shopping for them myself since!
These vacation treats are dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free, vegan and freed from added sugars. They’re additionally low-FODMAP, paleo and compliant on low-lectin meal plans just like the Plant Paradox. While the recipe does include coconut, there are alternatives for making it coconut-free within the notes beneath! I attempted to make these as accessible to everybody, as a result of I actually love this combo and simply need to share it with the world!
If you make these, I’d love to listen to about it and any changes you might have tried – it’s all the time so enjoyable to see how recipes are tailored. 🙂
Notes on Making Vegan Keto Peppermint Bark Fat Bombs
- Because the cacao nibs I exploit are already evenly sweetened, I discover I don’t want so as to add any further sweetener to the fats bombs themselves!
- If you do want to add sweetener, I like to recommend utilizing a couple of drops of liquid stevia, which can combine into the opposite components greatest.
- You may make these completely coconut-free by doubling the darkish chocolate within the base and omitting the coconut oil after which utilizing cacao butter as a substitute of coconut oil within the white chocolate filling, and soy milk powder rather than the coconut milk powder.
- This recipe doubles actually properly, if you wish to make a bigger batch.
- While I attempt to supply correct dietary data, completely different manufacturers of components could have completely different dietary values, so your calculations could range!
Special Tools and Ingredients for Making Vegan Keto Peppermint Bark Fat Bombs
I’m typically requested to record the precise manufacturers of the components I exploit in recipes, so listed here are the important thing gamers in these peppermint fats bombs! I additionally included the chocolate mildew, as a result of it’s fairly darn cute.
Vegan Keto Peppermint Bark Fat Bombs
These deliciously minty, low-carb, sugar-free peppermint bark fats bombs are a pleasant dairy-free and vegan keto deal with to take pleasure in on the holidays!
- Chop up your recent mint (if utilizing) after which add to a small bowl with the darkish chocolate, 2 tbsp of coconut oil and optionally available extract or sweetener. Heat gently over a double boiler till melted and stir collectively completely. The mint leaves will form of wilt and appear to vanish within the chocolate.
- Divide the melted chocolate combination evenly into 12 wells of a silicone chocolate mildew and chill within the fridge or freezer till strong (30-45 minutes).
- When the darkish chocolate has chilled, soften collectively the cacao butter, coconut milk powder, vanilla and sweetener (if utilizing) and stir till mixed. Scoop this combination over the darkish chocolate layer to cowl. Sprinkle the fats bombs with cacao nibs and return to the freezer or fridge to relax one other hour or two, till the fats bombs are utterly strong.
This recipe can simply be doubled to make twice the fats bombs! Also to notice, the “cook time” right here refers back to the time within the fridge or freezer. 🙂